As you dream of going abroad, why not take some time to learn a little bit of the language? Studying a language doesn’t always mean hours of listening to CD sets or poring over a dictionary. Try out these strategies to make learning easy and fun:
- Change the language settings of your favorite movie. Pick up new phrases, and rewind to learn your favorites lines. For an extra challenge, try watching some foreign films too.
- Subscribe to a podcast. There are tons of language learning podcasts to choose from, and many of them are free. The lessons are short and the hosts strive to keep learning light and conversational.
- Read like a kid again. Visit the local library to check out some children’s books. Or if you’re a more advanced learner, see if you can tackle favorites like Harry Potter and Twilight.
- Label your space. Write down words for everyday objects on notes and tape them around the house. You’ll be a pro at words like ‘blender’ and ‘shower’ in no time!
- Let us help. If you decide to go abroad with World Endeavors, we’ll send you an email with a detailed list of resources specific to your program. There are so many options out there, and we’ll help direct you to the best.